(1) 10g Wood-ear
(2) 1 Preserved bamboo shoot
(3) 1 Bell pepper
(4) 1 Carrot
(5) 2 Red chilies
(6) 40g Ginger
(7) 80g Scallion
(8) 1 Striped bass
｜TIPS for Level C technician Certification Test｜
The test will be held in two stages.
- In the first stage, please finish your work, including the plating and decoration, within 90 minutes. The judges will then award a score based on your performance. The examinees can rest for 30 minutes.
- The second stage will be held after the judging for the first stage ends. The examinee must complete the task of cooking a designated dish. Besides examinees’ skill, sanitary measures are also taken into account.
- Chop the wood-ear, the preserved bamboo shoots, the carrot, the red chilies and the bell peppers into thin strands.
- Chop the ginger and the scallion into thin strands.
- Chop the striped bass into thin strips, and marinate it with salt, pepper, rice wine and potato starch.
Take these fish strips that we’ve marinated, dip them in a little bit of potato starch. It gives it a protective layer, and it makes it crispier too.
- Fry the fish till it looks golden.
- Heat the pan, and add two spoons oil. Down go the ginger strips, and sauté it until the smell comes out.
- Fry the vegetables, and add a tiny bit of water.
- Add the black vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt, rice wine, and some pepper.
- Make it thicker.
- Add the scallion, bell peppers, and fish. Then, stir-fry it. After the smell comes out, add the sesame oil, and stir-fry it a little.
- Let’s plat it.
Gently stir the fish, because the fish should not be damaged too much.